Drive to Peach Springs, AZ and enjoy the
One Day Whitewater Rafting - Self Drive with Helicopter
Check Availability for the One Day Whitewater - Self Drive with Helicopter now!
In 1869, John Wesley Powell embarked on the first expedition down the Colorado River beginning from Green River, Wyoming. He and and his adventurous crew would evenutally navigate through what we call the Grand Canyon today.
John Wesley Powell (shown in photo at age 35) started with ten men and four wooden Whitehall boats stocked with provisions. The trip ended up being full of unknown dangers. Three of the party would exit at Separation Canyon that you pass by on the One Day Whitewater.
You can enjoy the One Day Whitewater - Self Drive with Helicopter from Peach Springs, Arizona and save $100 per Passenger. You will raft through the Grand Canyon with modern pontoon motorized rafts. You will follow the final part of the path down the mighty Colorado River that Major John Wesley Powell’s historic 1869 expedition followed. This is the ONLY 1-day option to Whitewater Raft with Helicopter in the Grand Canyon. You will travel 40 miles down the Colorado River with stops at a Travertine Falls and Separation Canyon for lunch and swimming. Rapids are moderate and are sure to excite. Staying dry on this trip is not an option.
Upon arriving at Grand Canyon West, you will take a Helicopter Ride from the bottom of the Grand Canyon - Weather Permitting. This tour includes a tour to the bottom of Grand Canyon, 40 miles of rafting down the Colorado River, water falls, swimming, lunch, history, a Helicopter Ride, and is full of adventure. An amazing way to spend the day for the whole family to enjoy. No 1-day tour offers you more!
- What's Included
- What You Need To Bring
- Departs daily from Mar. 15, 2017 thru Oct. 31, 2017
- Drive to the Hualapai Hotel in Peach Springs, Arizona
- Drive to the bottom of the Grand Canyon at Diamond Creek
- Board your Whitewater Raft with Life Jackets included
- Run the rapids of the mighty Colorado River
- Stop and enjoy a Travertine Waterfall
- Lunch and Swimming opportunities in the Colorado River at the Bottom of the Grand Canyon
- Helicopter Ride to the top of Grand Canyon West Weather Permitting
- Return time to your vehicle at the Hualapai Hotel in Peach Springs, AZ averages 5:30 P.M.
- All Transportation to and from Whitewater Rafting locations
- Hualapai Native Guides on your Raft to share the History, Geology and Lore at the bottom of the Canyon
- Stop at a Travertine Waterfall at the bottom of the Grand Canyon
- Lunch is provided during the Whitewater Rafting on the Colorado River
- Helicopter Ride to the top of Grand Canyon West - Weather Permitting
- Cold Drinks and Snacks available throughout your Rafting Experience
- Camera Only - NO Go Pro's allowed
- Waterproof Rain Jackets - both top and bottoms for Early Spring and Late Fall time periods especially...however, they are recommended year around as the water is 50 degree's
- Swimming clothes that can get wet while rafting
- Sandals or Wet Shoes for Rafting
- If desired, dry shoes and change of clothes that can be put in a Dry Bag to change into after Rafting
What Other's are Saying about Grand Canyon Custom Tours...
Check Availability for One Day Whitewater - Self Drive with Helicopter now!
*** 100% Cancellation Fee – SEE the Travel Guard Insurance Option below.
*** Tour operates March 15th – October 31st
Due to the cancellation policy of the One Day White Water Tour, we recommend Travel Insurance.